Jomres 7.1.4 stable released
- Added a new feature so that site managers can configure the default property list view through the site config - search options tab.
- Adding some experimental changes that'll allow us to switch languages in the administrator area.
- Occasionally it's normal for the session file name to have not been created, added a check to temp booking handler to take that into account.
- Added an option to reset the custom text class on the fly.
- Changed how administrator editinplace functionality accepts languages. Instead of using showtime 'lang' it now accepts whatever's in the url.
- Added a missing div to edit customer type jquery ui template.
- Improved the bootstrap html in the plugin manager RE popups.
- Modified how the logo is called in the management view.
- Language dropdown removed from translation pages, as it's now added to the administrator backend as a whole.
- Changed bc_is_even method, probably don't even need it now, and it lowers the bar for installation slightly.
- Fixed a typo that was preventing the save to cart text from showing in the booking confirmation page
- Removed header declaration from handlereq.php as it's no longer required.
- Updated Polish lang files
Joomla 3.0 Release notes
Version 3.0 will be a standard-term-support (STS) release. If you are running an existing production site on version 2.5, you will probably not want to update to version 3.0. Instead, you will likely want to wait and eventually update it to version 3.5, the next long-term-support (LTS) release. Note that the 3.0 update will not show by default in the auto-updates in the Joomla! Update. By default, version 2.5.x updates will show.
Users who decide to use version 3.0 will need to update to versions 3.1 and 3.5 when these become available. Version 3.0 support will end 30 days after version 3.1 is released.
Joomla 2.5.6 released
The Joomla Project is pleased to announce the immediate availability of Joomla 2.5.6. This is a security release. The Production Leadership Team's goal is to continue to provide regular, frequent updates to the Joomla community. Learn more about Joomla! developement at the Developer Site.
The update process is very simple, and complete instructions are available here. Note that there are now easier and better ways of updating than FTPing the files.
SA to wait for LTE networks
Despite moves to increase wireless network speeds and capacity by mobile operators, South Africans should not expect high-speed mobile broadband anytime soon.
MTN announced that users on its uncapped services would get an increase of download speed from February 1, to a maximum of 384kbps.
That, however, is a long way from speeds above 10mbps up to 150mbps that some companies are trialling internationally.
"We're rolling out where we can, but we haven't made a decision to go live. There're a couple of challenges: Ecosystem-wise, the LTE devices are still young, I mean it's a new technology, even though it's the most rapidly deployed one," Kanagaratnam Lambotharan chief technology officer of MTN South Africa told News24.
Spectrum is a critical issue for operators and MTN has called on the authorities to make the spectrum available.
Internet Explorer, Just Say NO!
Have you ever ridden on a scooter made of ice and explosives? Probably not, but I’m sure you’ve used Internet Explorer which, on the Internet highway, was pretty much equivalent to the same thing.
Now every techie and almost anyone else who has ever used a different browser before (or at least Firefox/Chrome) knows that Internet Explorer (IE) is the poor retarded kid of the bunch. To see how IE is matching up against the other browsers lets look at these beautiful things called graphs.